As someone who has experienced the benefits of CBD for managing pain and inflammation, I was intrigued when I first heard about CBD creams. These products offer a way to apply CBD directly to the skin, targeting specific areas of pain or inflammation. In this article, I’ll explain how CBD creams are made, their different usages and products, recommendations for buying the right product, and medical precautions.
How CBD Creams are Made
CBD creams are typically made by combining CBD extract with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil or hemp seed oil, and a base cream or lotion. The CBD extract is typically derived from industrial hemp, which contains high levels of CBD and very low levels of THC (the psychoactive compound in cannabis). After extraction, the CBD is added to the carrier oil and then blended with the cream or lotion to create a topical product.
Different Usages and Products
CBD creams can be used for a variety of purposes, including pain relief, inflammation reduction, and skin care. They come in a variety of strengths, from low-dose creams for general skin care to high-dose creams for targeted pain relief. Some common types include:
- Pain relief creams: These creams typically contain a higher concentration of CBD and are designed to provide targeted relief for muscle and joint pain.
- Anti-inflammatory creams: These creams are designed to reduce inflammation and can be helpful for conditions like arthritis and eczema.
- Skin care creams: These creams are typically lower in CBD concentration and are designed to provide general skin care benefits like hydration and anti-aging effects.
Recommendations for Buying the Right Product
When shopping for CBD creams, it’s important to do your research and choose a reputable brand. Look for products that have been third-party tested for purity and potency, and choose a product that contains a concentration of CBD that is appropriate for your needs. Additionally, it’s important to consider the other ingredients in the cream, as some people may be sensitive to certain additives or fragrances.
While CBD is generally considered safe, there are some medical precautions to keep in mind. CBD can interact with certain medications, including blood thinners and antipsychotic drugs, so it’s important to talk to your doctor before using CBD if you are taking any prescription medications. Additionally, some people may experience mild side effects like dry mouth, dizziness, or changes in appetite.
In conclusion, CBD creams offer a convenient and effective way to target specific areas of pain or inflammation. When shopping for these products, it’s important to choose a reputable brand and consider the other ingredients in the product. If you are taking any prescription medications, it’s important to talk to your doctor before using CBD. With the right product and precautions, CBD creams can be a valuable addition to your pain management or skin care routine.
- Project CBD – “CBD User’s Manual” (https://www.projectcbd.org/cbd-users-manual-guide)
- Healthline – “CBD Oil Benefits, Side Effects and Uses” (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/cbd-oil-benefits)
- Mayo Clinic – “CBD: Safe and effective?” (https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/is-cbd-safe-and-effective/faq-20446700)